Friday, October 5, 2012

Book Review: What happened to goodbye? by Sarah Dessen

Title:What happened to goodbye
Author:Sarah Dessen
Publish date:May 10th 2011
Publisher:Viking Juvenille
Pages:402
Read In:2 day
Link: Goodreads page


Goodreads Summary

Who is the real McLean? 

Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out. 

Combining Sarah Dessen's trademark graceful writing, great characters, and compelling storytelling, What Happened to Goodbye is irresistible reading.


My Summary

First off I absolutely love Sarah Dessen. I have read all of her books up to this one and was very happy to get my hands on this one as well. If you have ever read Sarah's books you may of noticed a similar trend in all of her books. Her main character has a problem (that she may or may not  see as a problem) as well as a romance aspect that helps the character realize they have an issue.

This book is really no different. Sarah's books are predictable but I love the worlds she builds.  As well as the fact she touches on such serious issues or more common issues we see or hear about all the time. Her characters are always so well thought out have there own problems making them very realistic and you can connect to at least one of them in every book. 

I really don't have anything to say that really makes this one of her books stand out to me since all of her books are so similar. Don't get me wrong I love ANYTHING by her and will always be a loyal fan but I wasn't overly impressed. 

So if  you are a fan of Sarah Dessen and have read her other books than check this one out. If you have just discovered her or have heard of her I defiantly suggest you check out some of her earlier work before this one. 

I will still be buying this book as well as probably rereading it again in the future! What can I say I just Sarah Dessen that much!

My Rating 3/5

just because the originality is lacking

Blessed reading to you
~Arya~

No comments:

Post a Comment