Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fault in Our Stars by John Green



The Fault in Our Stars

Age Group Young Adult

Published by Dutton Books

Pages 313

Read in less than a day

Overall 5/5



  I was kinda hesitant about reviewing this book. I figured that since I have been away from book reviewing for so long though that I should pick a book that I really enjoyed from this year. I wish I could say I had something unique or different to say about this book that every one has not said but I couldn't find anything.


  Green wrote an remarkable  book that should be read by everyone not just teenagers. Anyone who hasn't read a John Green book should get their hands on one as soon as the possible can.  Out of the ones i read this one is defiantly one of my favorites and a favorite of many of the book bloggers out there if you haven't read any of those.


  I was nervous to read this book because of how popular it was and all the talk it was getting all over the internet but I am so glad that I finally picked it up ( and is 4 other books). Normally books that have been crazy hyped (Hunger Games) I don't end up liking. With The Fault in Our Stars I felt emotions I wasn't expecting and made me think about things I wasn't trying to. For those who are curious a close relative of mine was diagnosed with cancer and I felt that the book came at a perfect time for me.


One of my favorite aspects of this book though was the characters. I loved watching them grow and connect to each other. Hazel, Gus, and Isaac were great together and I will miss reading about them and their life. They felt so real and one of your friends making the story even more heartbreaking.
Warning:
this book made me cry

No comments:

Post a Comment