Friday, September 28, 2012

Review: The Immortal Rules by Julia Kagawa

Book: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Series: Blood of Eden #1
Publish Date: April 24th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 485 
Read in: 2 days
Link: Goodreads page

Goodreads Summary

"In a future world, vampires reign. Humans are blood cattle. And one girl will search for the key to save humanity."Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of "them." The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked--and given the ultimate choice. Die...or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend--a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what--and who--is worth dying for.





I have never read a book by Julia before though I do remember hearing her name before. I have meet many people who rave about her Iron Fey series ( a series now on my to read list). I started this book a little bit hesitantly I was worried that her book would be trapped in the black hole that many vampire novels have fallen into. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't  a typical vampire novel. The immortal Rules combines the topic of vampires with a Dystopian society.
Zeke is Allie's love interest though their romance is on the back burners the scenes were so cute. I really like the way Zeke acts he isn't the common bad boy you see in YA books recently. In fact he is a good guy who fights for what is right and is also a great fighter.
In all, The Immortal Rules is a great start to this trilogy. I can't wait for the next book to come out in 2013. Best part to me is the fact that Julia promised we get to see more Kanin in the second book I really am super excited to have Kanin back!  


 The world is so dark and kinda frightening. I really couldn't put this book down the story was so perfect with all of its action scenes a twists and turns. I absolutely love the characters(Kanin being my favorite!) The main character Allie is AMAZING! She kicks Ass with her awesome weapon(sorry not telling;) She also opens up as a vampire more than she ever did back when she was a human with only survival on her mind.

This is my first Dystopian novel so I have no reference point on how effective and well written the world is supposed to be. The Fringe and the vampire castle is written so well! I absolutely love it and it is so unique.




5/5 stars

~Arya~




No comments:

Post a Comment