Saturday, May 18, 2013

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck


Tiger's Curse

Category Young Adult

Published by Sterling

Pages 403

Read in 2 days

Overall 4/5




I read this book a while back and I loved it. Anything that involves Mythology just adds to the story and makes me really happy. Overall I adored this book and will for sure be reading the next in the series.

I liked that it took place in India I don't think I have read anything based there before. It was beautifully described and the culture of India was written really well and explained the  religion and beliefs very strong as well without being interesting without being over baring Other than Indian mythology there was some Japanese Myths in here too. I don't know about you but I adore anything Japanese.

I liked watching the characters interact and most of the time I thought it was written really well but somethings the things the characters said were odd. Not just the guys from different time periods than us but the main character who supposedly was a modern American teen girl. Being a teen girl myself some of the words and phrases she was saying was extremely dated. How many teens do you know that say "Wiley Scoundrel" ? I can't think of anyone.  That one is really the only one that stuck out in my mind but there was for sure more.

I liked the adventure and the settings for them were really explained well and the actions were described excellently. I liked watching the characters evolve and fall for each other. The ending was pretty predictable but I still loved it and will for sure be reading the next book in the series. I gave it a 4/5 because of the hot-and-cold romance and the strange wording from Kelsey.  If you like adventures and romance it is an excellent book to pick up! 
~Arya~

No comments:

Post a Comment